Thread: Virus issue

Banned

Virus issue

Hey...Has anyone heard of the Trojan.VirtualRoot virus? My AV scanner is reporting that it has been found in c:\explorer.exe but it only finds it every other boot? Could this be a false positive? I have the latest definitions for Norton 2000 corporate.

I have been at odds trying to find more info on this virus. If you have any links I would appreciate.

Quad

Computer Forensics
    www.symantec.com/avcenter

its on the right hand side of the page.

ummmm you have Code RED II Quad.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

haHA

/me refrains from laughing

Banned
    Hog - Thanks for the response. Shortly after I posted I found more info on it and yes it appears to be CodeRed II. How I got it I will never know. My laptop has been patched against it for weeks now.

I even downloaded nortons codered removal utility, which by the way does not find it. But the AV does??? F-It time for a little format and reload.

Banned

Re: haHA

Originally posted by Chris
    /me refrains from laughing

Go ahead laugh....what goes around comes around.

Exclamation Just a little note

If you think that just running one virus protection is the way to go you are gonna get nailed. I have copies of Haxor, SubSeven v7.2, and BackOriface. It took McAffe, Norton, InoculateIT, and The cleaner to get them all taken care of. The best way is to not let them in but if we could do that there would be no problem. My suggestion to all is firewall, and mutiple virus protectors. Scan often, safe often, and most importantly watch those mp3's you like to download. I got several viruses from MIRC you just have to rememeber to scan music and images as well as your software!!!

Good Luck