Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My PC was on Fire after it blew up!

Well, i may be a bit clumsy around windoze and *nix, but i do have some more knowdlege on electronics:
    You said the power supply was on fire, right> Take it out of the case, and check the wiring inside, and the fuse. As far as the wattage it can supply, the more the better, so that's not the problem. Also check all your system cards for burn marks. Do you ussually get voltage spikes at home? you may want to get an UPS or at least a regulator to prevent those. If you find out that the power supply was the problem, you can replace it without needing to get a new case.
    Also, check the voltage on the ram... have you been trying to use 3.4V ram with the system set to 3.3V (or vice-versa)? Shouldn't make your power supply light on fire tho. I still think that it's all pecause of a voltage spike.
    Q: Why do ducks have big flat feet?
    A: To stamp out forest fires

Q: Why do elephants have big flat feet?
    A: To stamp out flaming ducks

I don't know!

As far as I know, the mainboard and ram and everything doesn't seem burned. The only thing I can think of that was burned in that 2 sec is the power supply. However, can anyone tell me where to get a power supply?

Talking

Ok first of all if there is no power to your machine check your cables then chnage your power supply if you still have a power problem after checking your cables.
    Once you finished that try switching the machine back on. If it has power but it displays nothing check your monitor cables and power. If it still displays nothing its probably your CPU, bios chip or just your display card. Take out your display card put the one that works in and see if it makes the difference. Also listen to the beeps. If you have no beeps it could be your CPU or the motherboard. If it has beeps then count them and lookup what they mean.

Hope this helps

Any decent computer store sells power supplies.
    Q: Why do ducks have big flat feet?
    A: To stamp out forest fires

Q: Why do elephants have big flat feet?
    A: To stamp out flaming ducks

Thank you everyone! I'm getting a new power supply soon!