Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Html

Lightbulb

Chris the only excuse i can see for that attitude is that you are pissed that you didn't find it first or that the guy didnt exploit the problem as he could have done.

Maybe he just had a bit of integrity and thought he'd be nice and help these people instead of seeing their website (with his ad) go down the pan *shrugs* there really are people out there like that...
    Cheer up it can always get worse

Chris the only excuse i can see for that attitude is that you are pissed that you didn't find it first or that the guy didnt exploit the problem as he could have done.
    Well, I may be a bit cynical, but I don't get pissed off at people discovering exploits before me, or Not committing felonies....

Maybe he just had a bit of integrity and thought he'd be nice and help these people instead of seeing their website (with his ad) go down the pan *shrugs* there really are people out there like that...
    Situation #1 - you phone up the company tell them about the vulnerability. They would have to contact their hosting provider, tell them about the hole, and then possibly the host would fix it. So if the whole process goes through, it might get patched against that one vulnerability. You also risk criminal charges against yourself for this.

Situation #2 - you say nothing. you don't risk sharing a cell and becoming good friends with 300 pound bubba from new jersey. there's an off chance their site would be defaced, and an even smaller chance it would be by that exact hole.

I know which one I have chosen and will continue to choose....

And as for the integrity bit, why didn't the guy contact the hosting company? gee, I wonder....

Banned
    Situation #3: you deface the site, just for fun.
    Situation #4. you deface the site, making a statement.

PS: what's integrity? ;-)

Banned
    Since neither of you have the knowlege or ability to deface any sites anyway, I think the latter half of this topic is MOOT! Get over it.

Hmm, I'm a bit late, but I do know of one way to save files from notepad/wordpad with the corect extension.

You don't need to select "all files" or anything (I believe wordpad doesn't even give the option) All you need to do is put the filename in quotes.

Save it as "blah.html" with the "" and it will force Winblows to save it correctly.

The easiest way to do is like so:

In the save dialogue box, type the filename as "something.html" (including the quotes!) The quotes overide the default extension and save the file exactly as you specify.

BTW, this will work in ALL windows text editors, but don't try it in office because it adds code that make everything FUBAR.

pwaring.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

In the save dialogue box, type the filename as "something.html" (including the quotes!) The quotes overide the default extension and save the file exactly as you specify.

BTW, this will work in ALL windows text editors, but don't try it in office because it adds code that make everything FUBAR.

pwaring.

Oh, and try to keep on topic as opposed to throwing personal insults
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Banned
    Thanks for stating the obvious...twice....saying the same things Azhrarn did...that's three times...lol

BTW: overide?
    Oh, and try to keep on topic as opposed to throwing personal insults
    Que?

Exclamation Wow!

I'm incredibly amazed at how quickly and suddenly the topic can change in this one thread. Way to go Negative!
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Smile

Punmpkin: Here ya go. Cleaning up the HTML would really help the ledgability.
    If your'e using notepad do this: Save as "umptysctatch.txt" to the folder you need it in.
    then open the save "all" funtion in the save as window. Here you will save the page as "umptyscratch.html" in both cases without the quotes. You now have two files #1 the text file and #2 the HTML file. I find this technique very functional. Being a webmaster of my own .com.
    After you get the page working as you want. Go to a html validator such as the one at world web consortium, and find that you need to clean up your code.