Thread: *Flooding*...what is??...thx

Question *Flooding*...what is??...thx

I was in a chat room and someone *flood* my java!!
    Explain anyone pls..thx.
    I see today with a newsprint fray...

Banned
    I guess I'm going to have to say this over and over again: EVER HEARD OF SEARCH ENGINES?

BTW, if someone 'flood your Java', just flood hÃ*s Java back, that'll learn them, the *******s ('flooding your Java', how dare they?)

Banned
    heh...flooded java. Don't you hate that.

Nothing!!

Thx...for nothing!!

Banned
    No prob!

If you'd ever feel like flooding my java, feel free to do so...

Question Daysleeper

Apparently you are new and while there is nothing wrong with that certain questions will get certain responses. What I believe Negative is trying to say to you is learn how to use your search engines.

www.google.com

Type in flooding rather than posting something like that on here. I will give you some help because if you do not know what flooding is you will get information just about flooding having to do with rain.

http://www.fortunecity.com/bennyhill.../irc-flood.htm

This is just one type of flooding.

I got this by searching the net with google and the fact that I already know what flooding is and typed in irc flooding.

when I searched under packet flooding I found this link:
    http://www.compsvcs.com/ddos.html

Good Luck

Banned
    I indeed only was pointing you to the fact that there's something like SearchRobots, Crawlers, NetDirectories and stuff. Been looking around for a while, and I have a few questions. You were probably chatting on a webpage chat, and not using some IRC-client? Well, a webpage chat is just a Java-script, so that's the 'Java' part in your question explained. But the 'flooding' part?

I found this explanation about webpage chat: Webpage chat is quite simple, but it is also limited with respect to it's capabilities. On most, all you can DO is chat. Some of the more sophisticated sites now have some advanced features found in stand-alone IRC clients. Things like changing colors of text or sending sounds to other users. Some have also incorporated a few IRC commands such as the ability to change nicknames, ban users from the channel, and a few basic operator commands. You still can't send and receive files. You can't run scripts or customize anything about the chat interface. Webchat is often very slow compared to other forms of chatting, but they are getting better all the time.

What interests me, is the part 'you can't run scripts'... Seems to me that no-one could have 'flooded your java'. It's of course possible to incorporate some sort of flooding in a webpage chat. Just create an infinite loop in your chat'server' and there you go.
    Any chat experts to explain this to me?

Thumbs up Something

To tell u the truth i didnt think that anyone would respond after the first responces, i guess there's still hope for this world!!
    Yes i'm new here(Antionline) but i've been on the net for a few years.
    That's why i say to my profile that i came here to learn as much as i can, although i think it's kind of late for me to go into programing and stuff right now, at least it would help to know how to protect myself on and off the net, if that's possible!!

FlashOver thank u for your time to search for that issue, i guess if u dont know what or how to look for somethin its hard if not impossible to find it!!

Negative u're right, it was a Webchat but i realy cant say how he did it, in fact i had to login again and at that moment he was talking about it with someother guy making fun of it saying that it's easy to do it!!
    I've talked about it with some friends and said maybe he was an Admin. or something and had access to my java somehow.
    Anyway thank u both for your answers and i hope i wont need your help anymore(wishful thinking)!!

See you around....take care

Banned
    If you need an overview of searchrobots and stuff, check out this link:

http://mailserv.cc.kuleuven.ac.be/se_adv_nl.html

It's in Dutch, but you'll find most of existing searchthings in the right column.