Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phreaking dialouts

Question phreaking dialouts

hi @all,

I have a question: in an tutorial I have found these sentences:

you then need to find a dialout. I tend to use dialout.XXXX.edu (XXXX is actually letters but I ain't tellin yall cause overuse causes many a shutdown, RIGHT?)

ok, have you an address of such a dialout - system?? In this tutorial, they say that I must use telnet for connect to this machine and then make a dial from there... If I had an address of such an machine, I could start... the rest of the tutorial I simple (for me) but i'm from belgium, and here I haven't found a dialout-machine. I have searched on the networks of ouer universitys...
    please help me...

sorry for my bad english
    necromant

Banned
    Greetings:

What you're proposing would be very illegal (yes, even in Belgium), so I would highly suggest you rethink exactly how much you really want free long distance.

Red face

hi,

why long distance??? you mean I would call an long distance bbs??
    no, that isn't my idea. do you know such a box?? I can find one myself but I have ONLY ASKED!!!
    and I have seen many postings here with topics that are DEFENITLY ILLEGAL!! do you know that I have seen the name ANTIONLINE on many pages and in many books as an underground - link ??? can you help me??

sorry for my bad english
    necromant

Angry NEVER!!!

What you are asking is for me to fill in the holes of your tutorial so that you or someone else that reads this can break the law.

I would be liable for any problems this may cause for your or anyone elses poor judgement. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN GOING TO JAIL. So I will not post any help for this issue because I don't trust everyone to be good.

So the answer is this.

Go someplace else to get your information.

<DONE>

Banned
    Damn Necromant , you're making me ashamed of being Belgian.

As JP stated, even thinking about what you're trying to do is illegal in Belgium. But explaining how to do it, isn't (as long as you stress the 'for educational use only'-part (strange laws we have here, I know)).

So here it is, 'for educational use only':

There are no such things in Belgium! (very educational, no?)

So I must agree with Neophyte: go someplace else to get your information.

Angry

oh myyy goood... ONE SIMPLE QUESTION and everyone must give his best ****-commentarys... okay okay, by now I HAVE FOUND such a machine... breaking the law... oh no, no, no please don't break the law... this is an interesting reaction for an web-board that is on every underground-links-list!!!!! I will play with it, I will discover all sorts of machines, including this sort!!! how can I improve my skills without discovering new things??? the 1 000 000 NT - web - machine isn't new!!! the school-servers aren't new!!! I don't ask: how does it work, what is it doing...? I WILL FIND IT OUT MY-SELF!!! whats wrong with that??

You're a dork. This is the information age. There are programs, and web sites dedicated ro brigning you free long distance. Not to mention the fact that AntiOnline is NOT a hacker site. It's a security awareness site. If I were you, I would heed JP's advice and find alternate, more legal methods of getting "free long distance". And by the way, the text you're reading from is from the early 90's when companies used PBX systems connected to servers for thier VPNs. Now a days, if a company has one set up, they're probably monitoring very closely for an action such as yours, to take place.
    Jason Parker - http://www.o-negative.net
    o-Negative: Information Network

Lightbulb Here's an Idea for necromant...

Learn some PABX administration from compagnies like Meridian or in Belgium Ascom and I'm sure you'll appreciate the time, effort and the power of the telecom world a lot better. I'm sure you can and will learn it on yourself... but are you content knowing only half of what you could...

ps: It's nice to have principles but ... have some moral 2

Pps: Negative; Never be ashamed to be a Belgium

Lightbulb just a thought..

Well, I happen to know of the existence of dial-out machines in Belgium, but even trying to connect to these machines is not advisable. Belgacom would very much drop by to open a law-suit against you... don't think it won't happen to you! A very good friend of mine got busted just examining a machine like that, and I'm very sure you wouldn't want to pay a nice fee to Belgacom like he had to. On the other hand, some of them are simply as good as not protected, some univ's in Belgium have dial-outs, but I'm quite sure that however you'd have to be able to connect to them without problems, you'll be logged, so not an option er?

Grtz,

Necromant have you read the forums you will find out quick that this is a site on security and how to prevent hacking in fact if you have questions on how to improve your system or how to fix it there are many good folk out there to help you but if you want to screw around then dont be surprised if you get flamed by almost everyone
    No good deed goes unpunished.