Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Jargon

Cool Internet Jargon

Broadband
    Opposite to a boy band
    Crash
    A head-on collision on the information superhighway
    Reboot
    The application of a second kick to your computer tower because the first kick failed to correct the glitch
    Search Engine
    Sophisticated program that performs keyword searches for information on the net,allowing you to find absolutely everything except what your looking for.
    Attachment
    See virus
    Virus
    See attachment
    Vulcan Nerve Pinch or VNP
    The act of pressing ctrl,alt and delte at the same time on a computer running windows.

internet jargon

i like the attachment, see virus and vis versa. seems to be the way the internet is these days, it's near impossible to get online and download an honest attachment without geting bomb with some stupid ****. I mean why should you have to pay for protection against viruses, I remember when VSAFE on windows 3.1 was just enough to keep ya clean and running fine. I mean if your gonna be online your GONNA need virus protection, and chances are unless you get free internet access like me, your paying good money for internet access that gets screwed by viruses almost daily.

Exclamation HUH?

I refuse to pay for virus protection...but then again I don't really need it...I use Linux.

Thumbs up Re: HUH? paying for things

Originally posted by Neophyte
    I refuse to pay for virus protection...but then again I don't really need it...I use Linux.
    I paid $69 for Mcafee virusscan and got $60 cashback in 60 days from them..What a bargain!!
    2 years for $9...Keeps me smilin virii free

I never ever ever ever run virusscans. They just chew up too much precious memory. I'll probably regret it one day, but there you are. If you just stick to downloading **** from legitimate sites and use your common sence about files you shouldn't have a problem (I haven't had a problem in 5 odd years without a scanner)...

You don't know that yuo don't have a problem. The only way to know you have a problem is to have a virus scanner. Though I shouldn't speak, because I don't have a virus scanner either.

Oh well live life on the edge
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Banned

Unhappy

Louie...Please tell me that is not a pokemon avatar

Banned
    South Park, actually.

I tried to find a decent Avatar, there are WAY too many Pokemon pics there.

Oh well...

Talking Lucky

I actually found one of my favorite characters for my avatar!!! I only wish i could find a Banana Jr. computer!