Thread: Help with Crax

Help with Crax

Well, it's my first time here. Having trouble deciding if I openly should discuss my "vulnerabilities"... but here it goes. I'm working some zip problems sent via email. The problem is, it's zip (of course) & encrypted, now I need to access it as soon as posible because the person who gives the psw to the files is out of his office. And I *dsprtly* need to find a zip crack to access it, because I can't wait until saturday (or maybe even later) cause I want to start working w/this ASAP. Some advice?
    I already tried some other programs, eg. ultimate zip cracker, and advance zip psw recovery but as shareware it limits my options (I need to crack 8 letters- underscore word.

I kindly will appreciate some help.
    Vanessa

Cool Got a File?? oh yeah its in the zip

I need to crack 8 letters
    Makes me think why your friend did not post the password with the zip??

Here's 1...with 8 letters
    PASSWORD

Exclamation

If the password is 8 characters and you don't have more than a couple of days, i'd say you are in trouble. It once took me a full week with a brute force program to break a zip password that turned out to be 8 characters. Granted, the computer used wasn't as fast as today's computers and I didn't know how long the password was, but still...
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

Talking

Thanks to all U guys!!! I used FZC106ba; spent almost 9hr but ... I GOT IT!!!

Still, as per Murphy's Law, the psw was emailed to me before. At least I know it works, and it's pretty cool.

Banned
    I think you owe it to us to tell the password ;-)

Of course; ********

There, satisfied?

Banned
    That's an easy to remember password! Thx for the tip, I'm going to use that myself!