Thread: Network Package

Network Package

Does anyone know where I can find a nice Networking package? I have about $75 to spend on it and right now i wanna link to comps and leave room for more in the future, thanx all

Computer Forensics
    Limp, it depends on what you are looking for. for a small network why not just get coax? its cheap and it gets the job done. netgear or linksys kits are around 50 bucks I think. or you could go to a computer show(if they have em near you) and get it really cheap.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Arrow

A friend of mine just got a D-link package - two NICs, cables, and a 4-port switch for $50. Nice because if you do some massive expanding later and have some heavy network usage, you can just get hubs off of the switch to manage the load.

If you want to hook both computers up to cable or DSL, you will want to get a router. I haven't seen a package with NICs and a router, though...
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

IVAN thats exactly what I wanted, Where can I get it? Please Email Me At: Limp1058@aol.com

Arrow

I believe he got it at a local shop. I'll check with him, though.

I do know that the product was D-Link's DFE-910. I can't seem to find it anywhere online for less than $100, though. He must have gotten a really dang good deal.
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

Banned
    Why not just go for two NICs and cables? D-link sells NICs (DLINK 10/100 ETHERNET PCI NIC DFE530TX+ ) for 19 USD.
    If you still want to go for the DFE-910, check this out: price comparison. .

I can't believe you all are still posting on this.. JP kill this thread.
    ..my two cents..
    Jason Parker - http://www.o-negative.net
    o-Negative: Information Network