Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a guy who knows........

Lightbulb a guy who knows........

Hey guys this is just to let you know that I have a friend who knows a ...... (you get the idea) who works for a big internet company. And this guy is going to get me a free copy of win 2000 borland C++ builder and linux. He is also gonna get me some discount cabling and NICs. Just FYI.

Ask Why?

\"The most incomprehensible thing about the world, is that it is at all comprehensible\" -Albert Einstein

Banned
    And this guy is going to get me a free copy of win 2000 borland C++ builder and linux
    - Linux? And he's going to get you a FREE copy of it? This friends' friends' friend or yours must be like the president!

- Everything else: congratulations.

Thumbs down

WOW!!! A free copy of linux? How did he manage to get that? I. . . . . never mind. Enjoy it.

Banned
    Strong echo in here...

Re: a guy who knows........

Originally posted by Punkin
    free copy of win 2000 borland C++ builder
    A Free Borland C++ Compiler exists for download.
    and linux.
    Ditto.
    He is also gonna get me some discount cabling and NICs. Just FYI.
    Old ones from his office which only run with Coax

I think your friend is niftily-thrify.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I'm only on 56k so I can't download a compiler or copy of linux. As far as cablinging its gonna be a 10Base-T. No thicknet for me!

Ask Why?

\"The most incomprehensible thing about the world, is that it is at all comprehensible\" -Albert Einstein

You have got to be kidding!

I do most of my downloads on a 56K connection. In fact my computer is downloading right now and has been for the past 86 hours. So what if it just takes a little longer. It is all the same information!

..86 hours?

Question

All ISP's in Australia that service 56 k modem lines have a 4 hour limit to how long you can stay online in one time!!

If anybody knows any differant ISP's that set limits higher?
    Let me know..

I'm sick of only being able to grab files that are around 50 mb in size in a 4 hour limit...

Don't mention cable or dsl....I know all the figures about them and costs...about $75 a month is the best for cable here

I'll stick to $20 a month..56k

No offence to Australia, but, unless you are living in the outback, why would cable and dsl be so expensive? I'm in Toronto, and the cable price here, which most consider either not bad or high, is $40/month.