Thread: Help needed with circumventing WinBoost 2001

Exclamation Help needed with circumventing WinBoost 2001

I need help with circumventing WinBoost 2001!

Hmm... I remember using WinBoost 98 once (I think that was it). When the window appeared that showed that I had been using it too long, 'closing in X seconds' I think it said, I would just hit ALT-F4, and only that front window would close, the one behind it (the REAL application) would remain, and be usable.

Dunno if it works in 2001 though, never tried it (WB2001).
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Post I mean...

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough. Defining circumventing, I mean to disable it totally by disabling its security features. For example, if WinBoost 2001 forbids me from accessing the A: drive, then I would hope to access the A: drive even without the password. I would rather shorten its usage period than lengthen it. I hope I made myself clear enough.

Oh. Well, I would GUESS that WinBoost, instead of actually running and disabling things through software, is instead changing REGISTRY values so that windows itself does the work. (Hiding the A: drive is an example of this) So a good registry-editing program should let you get around it.

I would suggest trying the Windows Policy Editor (I hope that link works, otherwise try here) to edit some often-changed things, like disabling/enabling the control panel and such.

Here are some examples of Registry-related windows 'security' things you can do.

Just to clear it up, the windows Registry is basically a database within two files, c:\windows\system.dat, and a user.dat file which might be in different places depending on your setup. These can't just be edited in notepad or anything, you need a special program (usually windows regedit.exe, although others exist).

Edit: By the way, messing with your registry by hand, or even at all by yourself, is a sure way to be able to seriously mess up windows. I would be very careful, because if you mess it up, your warranty won't help you. If you DO decide to mess with a computer, try backing up any .DA0 (d-a-zero) files, (those are backups of the system.dat and user.dat files, just renamed. Windows makes them automatically each time you start up.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency