Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: You killed this site.

All I do is win, win, win no matter what....
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Quote Originally Posted by thehorse13 View Post
    Ironic...this thread is the most active one on this site in eons...lol.

WIN
    Ahh yes! However the complaining has swayed towards these new guys. So its arguably possible to say its not the same as the previous active threads also I'm trying to be positive in seeing that there has been more activity lately and not all of it has been negative conversations. So my addition to this thread will be that I think that even though we came off to a rough start with the new assistant admins, hopefully things will settle down and in time they will be seen as additions to the community that help keep it active.

I've been coming to this site for years, admittedly I have taken more than I have given, but in return I try to follow all rules and etiquette and be respectful to all members. I had never kept up with the commercial side or the ownership of the site but when I came back recently I had noticed how it had changed. Many old school regulars were gone (MsMittens, and two others I remember, just cant recollect their screennames but one was the Mod with the glowing red eye avatar and the other his girlfriend) Really the only one from way back I recognized was Nihil and Gore. Then I started looking around and saw the content was different and accessibility was completely unknown from before. Iv been here time and again for ten years, its changed; it seems more distant and less communal. So in response I've decided to try to post at least once a week, something of interest not just stupid ****.

Concerning the 'back-and-forth' between Egaladeist, ua549 and Steve. (around page 3 - this is a really active post) You all make valid points and are all surely stuck in your belief paradigms . But the fact remains that the whole effort needs to be alittle give and take. The owners DO rely on us to keep the site going smoothly and in return we SHOULD be able to post links to our own forums and the like, to say no to that is just untenable, no argument about it, especially when they are non-commercial entities.

Blessings
    F
    Last edited by IcSilk; August 12th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mungyun View Post
    You know, i decided to check that site yesterday while on lunch at work and our damn WebSense blocked it because it said it was a hacking site. Isn't any security site a potential 'hacking' site? Isnt AO considered a hacking site? Why can I come here but not that forum? Is Taz Forum more dangerous than this site? Now im scared to go there

we DO have some of the 'H' bomb materials
    lets see what Echelon makes of THAT sentence
    but we too, are suffering for the rise of the social networks
    the membership will be recognisable
    but dangerous - nah
    unless you try to get in front of ME on way to bar
    Last edited by foxyloxley; August 13th, 2011 at 02:38 PM.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    OK you Shitbags just fess up. What you really liked was the cut and thrust of the antipoint system as JPV had it set up.

Don't try to be "adult" with me............just be honest, you will find that a lot easier

Problem was that it was a gross hack of vBulletin, so it died when the site had to be upgraded.

I always looked at the threads about to be closed and the members about to be banned first..................then looked at my antipoints.......... you ALL bloody did it!

Show me where or LIES!!!!
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

The owners DO rely on us to keep the site going smoothly and in return we SHOULD be able to post links to our own forums and the like, to say no to that is just untenable, no argument about it, especially when they are non-commercial entities.
    Right on!

You know, i decided to check that site yesterday while on lunch at work and our damn WebSense blocked it because it said it was a hacking site. Isn't any security site a potential 'hacking' site? Isnt AO considered a hacking site? Why can I come here but not that forum? Is Taz Forum more dangerous than this site? Now im scared to go there
    The only scary thing over there is they allow me access to the admin panel

The "other" thing was always visible lol. The day I look down and don't see those, is the day I put the fork down and not pick it back up. I can't even think of not looking at that first thing in the morning.

And thanks, I lost a lot of the weight simply by eating.... I know that may seem weird, but I rarely ever ate, and I got told all the time I'd lose weight if I actually ate something, but I just simply wasn't hungry. I mean, when your day starts out with you waking up in excruciating pain, and you feel sick, you aren't going to want food like that.

Well, I started forcing myself to eat something around lunch time, and, then I'd eat something around dinner time, where before, I wouldn't eat a thing. I'd basically eat once a day, around 8 or 9 PM, and then go to bed around 3 AM, and that was it.

When I started eating, I actually started losing weight. Then, at one point, I realized how much.... See, in 2006, I was REALLY ****ing fat. I got up to almost 400 pounds. That's like... ****ing gross.

So yea, once I started getting on the digital scale and it saying "Holy **** ****ing move" I realized I was going about it all wrong.

I still can't eat when I first get up, and I'm still not hungry for a while, but I've been eating something anyway. I'm now about 250 - 260 pounds. From 398. The first 100 pounds, was dropped in 6 months. I'm not kidding either; I went from wondering if I was going to have to buy bigger clothes to having to get a belt and new clothes because NOTHING fit me anymore.

And then about 3 months ago, I found some old clothes that were still brand new. I'd gotten them but they never fit me, and now, they fit. So even in the last 3 months I've lost more weight.

My Aunt saw me last week and actually asked me WTF I was taking to lose weight, and when I said nothing, she didn't Believe me. I've dropped almost 200 pounds.

I do still work out. I mean, I try anyway. I have two slipped discs in my spine, and the area they are, makes it REALLY hard to do ****. I mean, the discs are slipped in an area where the nerve endings in my spinal cord are located, so, basically, every step I take, I have bone rubbing on nerve endings. It's REALLY ****ing painful too.

But yea, I've lost quite a bit of weight. Some people say when they're upset, depressed, or stressed out, they eat. I can't. When I'm stressed out and ****, I can't eat. I lose my appetite.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    I've had to go back on Xanax again and my blood pressure is STILL ****in ****ed.

I told one of my friends if it kills me to have me cremated, take my ashes,
    What mg of xanax are you taking? .25mg .50mg 1.00mg or 2.00mg (bars / ladders) if so, how much a day you take? Only reason I ask, I had a seizure about 3 weeks because of xanax.

Not because i took them but because I was trying to QUIT taking them. I went three days without them, and for that 3 days of no sleep because of the with drawls that you get. I was rushed to the ER and had to stay there for a couple days. Doctor informed me you cannot just quit this medicine because it can kill you.

He informed me you need to 'Taper' off this medicine and it takes 10 days for that to happen. Then check yourself into a rehab facility.

be care full with that stuff it can kill you.

----------------------------------------------

Now to the original thread. I will have to agree with the other dude from Florida. I have been coming to this site since 1999/2000 (under a different handle) and it has totally changed, and it will NEVER be back to where it once was. I have older computer books in my library that recommends antionline.com I bet they are not in newer books.

When this site was actually about the knowledge, passion for this stuff. Now, it is run by 'those people'! Phuck AO and the new staff and the new owners and their are a lot of people who feel the same way trust me on this one.

I wonder if anyone will test this sites security and this time succeed. I am sure they will. If not, be like the dudes in November that are going to attempt to shutdown Facebook in November. Ooops... hahahahahahaha..... Later homeboy.
    Last edited by Computernerd22; August 13th, 2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: I don't hijack threads.

^

Anything a "shrinky-dink" can prescribe you is just as addictive as any "recreational" drug you can buy from "Tony on corner'.

--------------------------------------

This site was never good...
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I don't take them every day because in as little as 3 days you can get hooked on them. It kind of annoys me that something that can make you need it after only 3 days, is a schedule 4, yet, Percocet, is a Schedule 2, which people can take for months without becoming addicted to it. I don't know who exactly wrote these laws out, but they obviously didn't have a clue.

The ones I take are .5 MGs, and it's as needed, but I don't always take them. When I was on it before, it was a smaller dose but I was supposed to take it every day, and when I stopped, I was reading what can happen and decided I should instead probably just taper off with smaller doses for a while. That worked fine and I didn't have to go to a Hospital.

It took me about a week to stop taking it. I started by breaking them in half, then breaking those in half, and so on, and eventually within a few days, I was done. They were more worried about me snapping then getting hooked on a medication at the time, so they put me on it anyway.

I didn't have any for about 10 years, and then a few months ago I had a panic attack again, which I hadn't had in a long time and it's really one of the only things I can do about it. Xanax and Ativan are the only two I can really take. Valium doesn't work at all for me, and even after like 20 MGs, it still wasn't working, so I just didn't take it.